Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Southern Hospitality

HOT!!!

Tonight, after the conference sessions, we were treated to a evening at BB King's. This is a Blues Club that serves traditional southern food. I enjoy hot food so the meal was spectacular. I had HOT wings and then a canjun blackened chicken pasta dish that made the hot wings seem mild.

The entertainment was phenomenal. The band, "The BB King Allstars" is the house band and the two lead singers could SANG. Some people sing but these two SANG. Hmmph....it was the kind of music that makes you shake your head and shout out "sing it sister".

I truly felt like I had experienced the south.

Congrats to div 3 who sent a number of questions. I will do my best to answer them.

1. No, I will not be going to Disney World. There will just not be enough time. However, I will try to sneak over to the gift shop to pick up some little token for my children. My daughters are Disney Princess crazy, so I will score big on this account.

2. The conference is all about web pages and computers, so I really haven't had a chance to explore other things here yet. Other than the Blues Club. Tomorrow, after the conference sessions, we might go to the "Ripley's Believe It of Not" museum. The building was built upside down. Believe it or not?


3. I have not seen any indigenous animals at this point. I am told that there are pelicans here. I figure they are more on the many coastal regions of Florida. I have heard about resident ducks that live in the lobby of the Peabody Hotel. I am going by there tomorrow on my way to the conference to check them out.

4. I am going to take some more pictures tomorrow of the land around the conference centers. To be honest. If it is not a road, a parking lot, or a resort then it is a swamp. The old saying "if you believe that...I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you" really does come from the fact that most of Orlando, and even Florida for that matter is swamp land.

5. I will be better able to answer the great question about the differences between our school and the ones here after I visit the Middle School on Friday.

Great questions guys...keep them coming.

No comments: