Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday Morning


Man oh man...it is early! We woke up at 4 a.m. Vancouver time (which is 7 a.m. Florida time but my body does not get that yet).

We are getting ready to start our first sessions. Today Mr. MacLean is going to be learning about using CSS to make our web page better. To be honest, I have never taken a course that is this advanced before so I am a little nervous that I am going to be in over my head.

Just to let you know where I am. I am at the Florida Education Technology Conference (FETC). The purpose of my trip is to learn how other school districts and schools are using technology to improve learning in their classrooms. I will be attending 8 sessions and I will be meeting with exhibitors to learn about cool gadgets to make schools cool. I am also trying to arrange to have a tour of Ocoee Middle School which is a Technology Demonstration School down here in Orlando. I'll keep you posted and updated. Hope everyone is having fun and learning lots back at Rosser.

If you have any questions for me, please post them as a comment and I will be checking back on this blog regularly and I will post the answer in a future post or as a comment in return. You can ask about the conference or about Florida, I will do my best to give you the fullest answer that I can.

Blog at you soon.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

HI Dave

Just for your info: the powder is shin deep at Cypress and the sun is absolutely spectacular. It's just another day in paradise

HEidi
I'm, working on questions

michael said...

Hey Dave!!

Hope that it is not all work and no play and that you are enjoying the beautiful Florida sunshine! It is sunny and cool here, about 2C in the daytime -6C or so at night!

With Jillian and yourself, our district is certainly well-represented! Take care and see you next week!

Michael

michael said...

ps hope you had your best birthday yet!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr.MacLean!
How are you? Are you enjoying your stay in Florida. Did you learn how to create a computer game? If you did I might want to play it

Joshua Fang

Mr. MacLean,
You have to bring back good things for Rosser and one interesting story.
Mr. Hamilton

Heidi said...

Dear Mr MacLean
Are you going to Walt Disney World? - Victoria
Have you seen anything interesting besides webpages and computers? Markis and Elizabeth
How are the technology lessons? allison
Have you seen any animals that are indigenous to Florida? Beatrice
How is the technology from those schools different from ours? Laichen
Please bring back or post pictures? Devon

have a good time and learn lots
Division Three

P.S. Yes, Dave, I know there is a link on the front page right underneath your mug shot.